Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Passport stamps: Gotta catch 'em all!

That was a Pokemon reference if you didn't get it.

Before I went to Panama I decided that I wanted to attempt to fill up one page in my passport before I went back to school this year. I know that one page has four blanks for stamps and such. I already had one for El Salvador and one from Costa Rica. I knew Panama would make one more. So then I started thinking... could I convince Rey to take a mini vacation in Vancouver or Victoria just so I could get another stamp? I've only been to Canada once, and that was before passports were required, so now that they are they must stamp them, right? Well, that was my logic before crossing the border into Panama.

I received a Costa Rican exit stamp, then a Panamanian stamp, and a Panamanian sticker. Woah! Lotsa cool stuff! I'm onto my second passport page!

When we left Panama, I got a Panamanian exit stamp and seal (carelessly stapled into my passport... gotta fix that) and a Costa Rican entrance stamp. Wowee! So this is what my passport looks like now:


It's sideways, but gimme a break. Two pages will be complete when I leave Costa Rica via the airport and get one last exit stamp. A sad day for Costa Rica and me, but a happy day for me and my passport stamp obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment